Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I Love You Because...

This is going to be a simple post. No list, just short, sweet, and to the point. This project has literally been one of my favorite things Luke and I have done together. It is our "I love you because..." board. I am big on leaving notes for Luke because he gets up wayyy before I do and I don't usually get to see him before he leaves for work around 6 AM. I like to let him know why I love him, appreciate him, and understand that he is getting up early to do uncomfortable and demanding things for BOTH of us. He likes to tell me that he's thinking about me and notices the little things I do to keep our family running at home.

So, we made this "I love you because..." board so that we have a daily opportunity to acknowledge how the other person is so special. We write meaningful and silly things to each other, inside jokes, whatever... and take turns with our day. It's so easy and it's the best thing ever to wake up to something nice and a little butt-shaped heart from my hubs. (But seriously... his hearts are lacking some, uhhh... artistic shapely style).

I hope we continue this tradition with our kids as well. I think it would be sweet to have this board on their bedroom doors, so anyone could write a reminder of why they are loved and appreciated. It would be fun for dorm room doors, too!

Here it is. White board from Wal-mart, permanent marker for the title words, dry erase marker for hundreds of love notes. Well worth the investment.


2 comments:

  1. I leave notes for Sean on our bathroom mirror every day. It does feel wonderful. Everything from corny lines from movies or books or movies ("You've got a friend in me"... "I love you all the way to the moon and back"... etc.) to really romantic things that are for his eyes only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanly, I love that! Even though Luke doesn't mention them much, every once in awhile he'll say something and I know it really builds him up and lifts his spirits on hard days, even in small ways :)

      Delete